I uninstalled that piece of junk TypePad Connect comment string doo-dad. It worked well for about a week before developing a bug that splashed the screen with the longest error message I have ever seen. Then adding insult to injury it caused would-be posters to have to click "Post" several times resulting in a doubling or tripling of their comments.
The uninstall should be unalloyed good news. However, the TypePad team that put the piece of junk together has not yet included a method to import the comments from the Typepad server back into my blog (server) so all of the comments that were made between now and when I installed the crap-app are gone.
Making things even more annoying is that I think that I'm going to have to republish all of the posts that I put up following the installation of Type(My-Middle-Finger-In)Pad.