Here's what I did:
- To 1 pint of organic heavy cream I whisked in 1 tablespoon of plain organic yogurt, then let it sit at room temperature (68 degrees F) for 12 hours to ferment.
- Churned the cream in the food processor (the stand mixer was busy kneading bread) until it broke.
- Poured the mess into a strainer lined with fine cheesecloth and squeezed it gently to remove the buttermilk. (The hanging step shown below was ineffective and not necessary.)
- Added approx. 2 teaspoons of coarse sea salt and kneaded it in with a plastic bowl scraper
- Rolled in up in plastic and chilled it down.