The moment you have all been waiting for: The contents of my refrigerator door! Beginning with the top shelf
1) Unsalted commercial butter, Salted butter made by me
2) Chrystal Hot Sauce, Pickled Ginger, Bread & Butter Pickles, Raspberry Jam, Wasabi Mustard (Yuck!), Doma Coffee Guatemala Trapichitos (Fabulous!)
3) Tabasco, Ukranian mustard (Hot! A nose-bleeder), Horseradish, Hellman's Lite Mayo, Hero Blackcurrant preserves, Peach Butter (yuck!)
4) Gulden's Mustard, Ketchup, Grape Jelly
5) Veuve Cliquot Ponsardin 1985 (champagne),
A 12 year-old jar of confit d'oie (preserved goose) that I made for a friend in 1995 but who died before I could give it to him. I can't bear to eat it.
I decided to leave the vacuum cleaner in the background to intensify the aura of domesticity that surrounds this scene. Nah, I was just too lazy to remove it. But it works, no?